Thursday, June 5, 2008

fyi

so i finally got a bike for the triathlon i am doing in 9 days (AAHHHH!!!) and decided to take it out for a ride yesterday. mind you i have never ridden in clip pedals before. im coming down this road and this car pulls up next to me. i look and see this old lady driving and decide to ignore her and maybe she will take a hint. 2 mintues later, she is still there. finally i take out my ipod and wonder what possibly is so important that you need to try and stop me. as im coming to a stop and trying to hear what she is saying, i totally forget that i am clipped in and fall right over!! now my leg is all scrapped up, i totally embarased myself, and still have no idea what she wants. finally i ask and she says "does this road go to indepenedence?" you have got to be kidding me right??!! that is what was so important that you couldnt continue down the road 1 more mile to see the sign for yourself?? so FYI- do not bother a bike rider! unless they have dropped something totally crucial, like an entire tire or their leg, do not stop them! i guarantee you will be cursed like crazy the rest of the ride!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh no! What the heck, granny! :S

June 7, 2008 at 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give you mad props for training for a triathlon, Go Kelly! For the granny, she needs to stop driving or mind her own business. Old people these days!

June 7, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Kelli - This is Diane Roberts, Justin's cousin on his mom's side. We have met several times while in Utah at Ron and Nancy's or Calif for family weddings. Anyway, I feel your pain with regards to riding. I picked up biking about 3 years ago and totally love it, except when I get cut off and have to end up face first on the ground. Congrats too on the Tri - my daughter Alisha is training for one up in Utah the middle of August. You guys are animals. I'll just stick to training for the MS150 bike rides. Hope all is well - tell Justin hello!~

June 26, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home