Thursday, May 15, 2008

a surprise for mothers day

wednesday evening

*ring ring*
dad: would you like to come to CA this weekend to surprise your mother on mothers day and a rush concert?
kelly: YES! let me check with justin to see if he can miss work on monday

few hours later...

dad: and..
kelly: he said sure. we will see you this weekend.

so we packed a bag, dropped off koda at grandma's and hopped on the earliest saturday morning flight to southern california. we had such an awesome weekend. we surprised my mom on saturday, then headed to legends for lunch. headed down to huntington so justin could take a kite boarding lesson (his newest extreme hobby) and so mom, courtney and i could shop on main street. headed back home for a delicious dinner at panera. played rock band with the fam. went to church sunday, soaked up some sun in dads backyard. had a wonderful 2pm roast for dinner. had a 5pm sushi dinner. headed to a rush concert and sat in the second row. had alex lifeson smile for MY camera, danced and sang until my throat hurt. got home at 1230am and was up at 430am for our flight back home on monday.this is my totally awesome mom. she is the most kind, funny, amazing, spiritual, forgiving and loving woman i know. i have learned so much from her example and she has taught me so much about life, love and happiness. I love her more each day and am so appreciative for support and advice. she is my rock. the awesome sis who is growing up so fastjustins new hobbyhe totally bent down to be in my picture smiling. my guys were going crazyNeil Peart, best drummer everthe guys watching the show
this is totoally my kind of weekend. I wish it could have been there longer to see all our friends and loved ones while we were there, but it was a jammed packed two days with lots of family time. so im sorry for not even calling anyone, but we will be back in july and i promise i will visit everyone.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Grahams said...

What a fun weekend!! I am way jealous! The beach, getting to soak in some sun, shopping, getting to see your family, a concert and dinner at Panera! I don't think i could be anymore jealous right now :) Glad your mom could have such a wonderful mother's day!

May 16, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Karly said...

Hey Kelly. I saw you at the end of sacrament, but then we headed off to my dad's class (he doesn't like when we're late. :) And then you were gone! I told your mom to tell you I said hello. Glad you had a fun trip, I think Chris would like that kite boarding thing. Is it dangerous? I probably won't tell him about it then. :)

May 16, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Ben & Sheri said...

SO fun Kel! We're going next weekens (Coral's Wedding) and I must say I'm looking forward to eating at Legends! Miss You, counting down the days'til our week of fun!

May 17, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home