Monday, May 5, 2008

happy birthday to me!

last weekend was my birthday, and as justin was preparing for his first final (also on fri) he made a point of telling me how busy he was, and wasn't going to have anytime. he asked "if we could just celebrate it the next week." ok, so i won't lie, i was pretty bummed. i was like, seriously! you cant put your books down for 1 hour so we can at least go to dinner. probably not the best response to his need to harness his stress and pass these important classes. anyway, so i spent most of the week coping with the fact that this just might not be the biggest birthday celebration, but who needs that at 23. i needed to get the facts that it might just be me cuddled up with my dog watching a marathon of sappy love stories, vegging out ice cream and cookies (i would have to make my self), and counting down the minutes till justin came home. granted he would be on brain-overload, and a totally stressed out version of him, but him non the less.

i got up fri morning and hopped in the shower as usual to get ready for work. when i got out, there were beautiful roses on my night stand, and the smell of eggs and ham in the air. much to my surprise, he had cooked up a wonderful breakfast and even managed to buy a present! he had gotten me the nike dri-fit running pants i so wanted. i was so excited, but still had the looming thought that he would be busy all evening, and this would be the extent of our festivities.at work, the wonderful gals got me a bouquet of fresh flowers, some gigantic cookies, and a wonderful card. yea, someone else remembered. my great friend brooke also sent me an edible bouquet to my office and i was so excited!! my friend lisa also hooked us up with these sweet balls we were having so much fun playing with at her house. Thanks Lisa!!as i arrived home, i was totally ready to get into my comfy pants, and hang out at home. when justin got home, he said he was done for the night, and he mentioned a few surprises still to come, so get ready. we went out to our favorite restaurant, beppe & gianni's, which also happens to be a 5 min walk from our house. one of our favorite shows is the amazing race , and justin happened to get in touch with the last couple that won, and they called to wish me a happy birthday. THANK YOU Tk and Rachel!! i could not stop laughing for hours.
when we got home, the surprises continued. he had also gotten me a birthday cake with candels from cold stone, and got me an awesome camera. oh my gosh!! i cant believe how wonderful he is, and how it went totally out of his way and spent so much time to make me feel so special, all while in the middle of his law school finals! what and amazing husband i have and i am so greatful for everything he does for me and our family.

on saturday, i did 2/3 of our triathlon and then went with justin to play volleyball. it was finally a nice warm day, and we had so much fun. spent a wonderful sunday at church and with our friends at a ice cream sunday bar to celebrate. it was such a great weekend and i am so greatful to everyone who made it special.
playing with the comp and my pics.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Piper said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!

May 5, 2008 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Drew and Kat said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I didn't realize we are the same age! =) That is sooo funny about the amazing race people! ha!

May 6, 2008 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger DCRomney said...

Awwww, sweet! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You're SO YOUNG!!! :) It seems so long ago I was arriving home from my mission, and turning 23 on the very same day!

I have to admit, Dave and I kind of have a boycott on "special days" as prescribed by Hallmark :) We try to make other random days special and not get sucked into expecting/anticipating anything on the "special days" and not feeling obligated to spending money for the person, ya know? I guess its kind of boring, but oh well. Its a good thing we do it, cuz this year I'm working on Mother's Day, Dave's birthday, my birthday and Christmas - BLEH!!! :)

Can't wait to play in UT!

May 6, 2008 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger lyndsey said...

cool camera! justin is a cute husband :)

but really i'm commenting to say how freaking obsessed i am with that leona lewis song. I LOVE IT!! so glad to see it's on your page :)

miss you lady! xoxo

May 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow, what a sweetie to set up such an awesome birthday. It sounds like he pulled out all the stops. You got another camera? Could it possibly be better than your other one? :D

May 7, 2008 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

okay really? he actually had the amazing race couple call you?? that's like something that happens on extreme home makeover or for the make a wish foundation... nice touch Just!

May 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Heather Heaton said...

that is so sweet!!!!

May 7, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home