Wednesday, April 16, 2008

a.i. nerd

ok, so last night i was watching american idol on my dvr, like i always do, that way i get to skip the lame judges comments, all commercials, and other form of talking i dont want to hear, even some performances i think are not very good. i was excited to hear they were doing mariah carey songs (im a huge fan), but extremely bummed after the first several performances. they all seemed kind of karaoke-ish, with all the girls trying to hit the high notes. anyways, i quickly went through the performances until David Cook came on. last week, i watched his performance at least five times, and even made justin sit down and watch it a few with me because i absolutely loved it. i was interested in what he would have done with a MC song. they just aren't his style, not to mention he picked "always be my baby". So long story short, i rewound his performance 5 more times, and reached for my phone to vote. i have never voted for any american idol show ever. with that said, i preceded to vote not once, or twice but 6 times! i felt that was good, and i had done my part to ensure his return to next week. so he is my favorite and i fully endorse him and all his rocker glory.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lyndsey said...

umm...okay i totally have to agree. this is the first season i've been really "in" to and i must say david cook makes it easy to become an obsessive fan. i'll admit i threw in a few mormon-power votes for david archuleta but i too voted six times for david cook. and watched his song three times. even brandon said he loved it! not gonna lie that i'll prob go home and watch it again tonight ;)

April 16, 2008 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I LOVE David Cook! I've been really impressed at how he's managed to remake practically every song into something cool and totally him. I hope he wins it!

April 17, 2008 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Piper said...

I'm totally an ai nerd and have jumped on the David Cook bandwagon!

ps. I loved seeing all the fun pics of you guys in China! I'm glad you had such a fun trip.

April 17, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home