Monday, June 16, 2008

triathlon

so i did it! i finished my first triathlon since i was like 7. i did good in everything except the transitions (something to work on). the whole thing was a .5 mile swim, 12 mi. bike and 5k. i came out of the water third in my division, had the longest transition, was so frustrated at the 40+ group wizzing by me on the bike, and finished the run thinking i should have gone faster. oh well. it was way fun though and i think im hooked!
my wonderful husband came with me to be my super support! he was so great, cheering me on and taking some awesome pictures. every time i saw him it made me want to go faster, push harder and make him proud. next time, i hope we can get do it together.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yea, you did it! Good for you. I hear that it does get pretty addictive. Maybe they'll have something going on in Aus while you're there. Fun. :D

June 17, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

you.are.superwoman.

June 17, 2008 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger The Grahams said...

You did it!! Good for you!! My transitions were soooo slow when i did mine... i just laughed when i got my times and saw how long i took to transition- but first ones are learning experiences and you'll only get better each time, right?! How cold was the water?? Hopefully not too bad! Congrats on completing and doing well!

June 18, 2008 at 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Rock! You inspire me. I have always wanted to run a marathon and now you gave me the push to do so. Good Job Kelly!

June 20, 2008 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Megan and Greg said...

WOW!!! That is absolutely incredible! Great job! I am amazed!

June 22, 2008 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Chad and Jessica said...

Okay, this may sound really weird, but I accidentally clicked on your blog and found we have some interesting things in common. My husband and I were married in Spring 05, we both went to U of O, we have a black dog named Dakota, that we shorten to Kota, and my maiden name used to be Starkey (and you're friends w/some starkeys) Weird, but anyway, I wanted to ask you a question cuz I'm interested in doing a triatholon. Did you buy a road bike? I just bought a really nice mountain bike, so I'm hesitant to buy another bike for road racing. Did you already have one, did you borrow it, would it be terrible if I used a mountain bike? Sorry to ask a stranger, but I don't know anyone else who has done a tri. : ) Hope to hear from you. Jessica

June 23, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home