Friday, March 14, 2008

what an idea!

so i have never been very good at journaling, or scrapbooking, or any other permanent form of "lifes history" recording. blogging has been the only type of self history i have been able to keep updated and cute. since the first post in may of '07, i have put all of my thoughts and adventures into this computer web journal. so this is my modern day journal. i am definetly much better at keeping it updated, i love getting to include the pictures right in there with it, and i dont have to look at my horrible writing.

recently ive been wondering that there has to be a way to permanently save my blog, that in the event of the www crashes, the internet no longer exists and everything on it is now lost into a cyber blackhole, i am not to panic, i have a back-up. perhaps a way to print it in a way that my kids can read through my journal and all my hard work is saved.

and then i stumbled upon this. blurb.com. the company that takes blogs and puts them into hard bound books. alas, all the hard work preserved forever, and complete with pictures. a book with me as the author? not something i ever thought i would do! but i am so excited to start preparing my history into a bound hardcover.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

l have to let us know how yours turns out. I have heard wonderful reviews from this site. I recently downloaded their SmartBook software and have been customizing mine. I did read a suggestion from one user to keep the book about 100 pages so it's not too huge. I'll let you know when I get my book ordered too.

March 14, 2008 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Ben & Sheri said...

So Kel great minds really do think alike. I told Ben the other day that I wanted to call blogspot and tell them you should be able to make a book out of your blog (and get a cut for my brilliant idea of course) Guess I won't get rich off this idea, someone beat me to it. Good to know though.

March 15, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home