Tuesday, February 12, 2008

new years resolution

i know these are supposed to be done around january first, but where does it say you cant change in the middle of february. i've decided i want to read more books. i have never been much of a reader but i thought i would start a new chapter, turn a new page (insert whatever cheesey line you would like). with so many movies based off of the best selling books, i usually end up watching it and then thinking i have no need to read any. well that is all going to change. i joined this online book club, goodreads.com, and have come up with a few goals to help me manage my reading. i am going to finish every book i start (a previous problem, i have little determination to finish something im not liking), and start the next one within a week of finishing another. this will be my goal.

so what i need from you is any recommendations of great books to help get me started and enthused about my new resolution. wish me luck!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

where the red fern grows is excellent. i used that from 1st grade to 12th grade for projects

February 13, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger DCRomney said...

Yahooooooo! That's one of my NY resolutions too! There's so many millions of good books out there, I just need to make it a priority! Isn't goodreads great! My "to read" list is sooooooooo long cuz all my friends/family have posted so many books that look so fascinating! Thank heavens for libraries!

February 13, 2008 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Annie and Jake Callister said...

hey kelly,

that is a great idea except that i probably need to make the goal of reading less. I often put off my responsibilities for my books. I don't know what kind of books your into, but "The Kite Runner" is amazing if you haven't seen the movie yet. "The Book Thief" was great. "Name of the Wind" if your into fantasy. "Life and Death in Shanghai" is a very inspirational true story. Honestly, just log into my goodreads and see what i've loved.

good luck with the goal!

February 20, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home