Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day Thirteen: Kuata

today we spent the morning swimming across the canal to the opposite island with our new friends from the previous night. the set up was joanna and marpessa on the kayak, me on the surf board and justin and mandy swimming. it didnt seem as far from on land as it did once we were swimming. once we got to the other island, we looked around their village, and went to the other resort. this one was alot nicer than the facilities we were at, with alot more people and a volleyball net. the people were very nice and gave a us a tour of the whole place. alot of the employees were family to people on our island, most of which we knew very well now, so it was fun to talk with them. on the way back to our island, i decided i would try swimming since the board was so squirrly. i was good untill when i would put my head down, i could no longer see what was beneath me. luckily, justin let me hook on to him and we made a board train where he paddled and i kicked. i thought it worked out really well. also in the ocean there, they have sea lice, which feels like a little sting followed by itching irritation. this was awfully hard to keep swimming through a patch of and have to continue. but swimming over the reefs was great. they had blue startfish and tons of colorful fish. awesome!! -view from the hammock
crazy house built into a rock
after lunch, as you can probably guess by this point, we ressumed our spot in a hammock and fell into our typical routine of sleeping, reading, and writing in my travel log of all our adventures. that night we had a great feast and did the bula dance. think of a fijian macarena and thats what makes up the bula dance. between that and the kava, it was a good night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Woah, that house is crazy. I bet it stays really cool, though. :D

February 5, 2008 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Drew and Kat said...

Kelly!

I love your blog!

It's been so long since I have seen you, but my mom and Justin's mom are cousins, we are part of the Jones clan.

Anyway, I am engaged now, and just created a blog for me and my fiance, http://dkhimber.blogspot.com

I saw Justin's mom a few weeks ago, and she said all is well with you guys =)

Take Care!

Love,
Kathleen

p.s. I love love love your dog! =)

February 7, 2008 at 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home