Monday, November 12, 2007

just what i needed

I got this quote the other day in relief society and it really hit me hard. The teacher started off the meeting saying she put 10 quotes into this box and she was confident that we would all get the one we needed. As i sat smug in the back thinking "how do you know what i need to hear right now, i dont even know who you are," the box got passed to me. This is the quote that came out.

"Be thankful that sometimes God lets you struggle for a long time before that answer comes. Your character will grow; your faith will increase. There is a relationship between those two: the greateryour faith, the stronger your character; and increased character enhances your ability to exercise even greater faith." -Elder Richard G Scott, Using the Supernal gift of prayer, Ensign, May 2007.

It really touched me because of all the struggles we have had these past few months. With everything that has been going on, justins job, my job, our new ward, ect. we have had a really hard time staying optimistic. I realized that even though no one here may know what I need, God uses them to answers my prayers. This womans lesson, although I have no idea who she is, was what I needed to hear. I needed to know that this was one of those things I needed to be greatful for instead of letting it drag us down. It taught me to be patient, have faith and it will all work out in the end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home